- Promote the association and sector which it represents
- Initiate and implement campaigns, events and projects promoting the goals of the association
- Advocate industry positions towards stakeholders in the European institutions
- Organise and run the day-to-day operations of the association´s secretariat
- Organise the annual association congress
- Membership management and attraction of new members
- Prepare board and committee meetings
- University graduate with a minimum of eight (8) years of professional and/or association experience and a good understanding of EU decision-making
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with an ability to work independently and to take initiative
- Excellent networker and communicator able to forge consensus when needed in a diplomatic manner
- Drive to seek new opportunities in favour of our industry and to implement them
- Ability to represent the association externally, with very good presentation, communication and negotiation skills
- Fluent in English and working knowledge of French, other European languages an asset
The Secretary General is employed full-time and will be based in Brussels.
The position will involve traveling (mainly EU).